Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gross Anatomy

Why do I have to repeat the two most boring subjects in medicine? Anatomy and histology. It’s like taking history all over again in highschool and college. I was trying to review gross (anatomy) and micro (histology) and all I can think about is physiology!! Why? I don’t know. It’s not like I have big test on physiology tomorrow. No I have an anatomy practical tomorrow and I’m not yet ready and I don’t know why I can’t bring myself up to study for the exam tomorrow. Anatomy. Anatomy. Why don’t I like you? Knowing every little detail about you makes my head hurt but knowing every process and function of it physiology always leaves me with awe. I’m now attempting to write poetry on how much I dislike and like my subjects and this all due to that there’s no internet at the condo. Yesterday, finding out there’s no wiifii I dash to trinoma and over to coffee bean just so I can use to the internet Hey, I got my CFM assignment done there. Anyways while I was there I get to witness a generation of family and friends hanging out in the coffee shop. It was a nice view to see and now I thinking to going over there again but since December is on its way and I’m really tight on my budget I have to slow down and not spend. I’ve been spending and withdrawing whenever I go out so I lock myself at the dorm with all my books around me trying to get myself to study. Tomorrow is going to be my first lecture in anatomy yes my first and class starts a week ago. I’m not sure what the topic is going to be because they haven’t given out a curriculum schedule yet so I’m guessing if it’s Dr. Mendoza tomorrow 7am it’ll probably be about axial skeleton and next will be Dr. Banez he’ll probably discuss the appendicular but he didn’t lecture that topic last semester so he might dive us in to the shoulder region. And yes there’s practical exam tomorrow. I never enjoy gross anatomy practical. It’s very depressing because no one except to pass it even if you study really hard cause what they do is trick you in knowing the right answer when its wrong. Maybe that’s why I don’t like anatomy. During highschool teacher Victoria taught the least favorite subject in school. No it’s not history. That’s my personal least favorite subject. She taught Math. Now we all know that very few people yet alone kids especially in highschool likes Math. She kindda change the general perspective of Math, trying to make it simple. She once said, “Love Math and it’ll love you too.” I did try. I even scribble it on my notebook and a classmate saw it. It was embarrassing seeing me scribble I Love Math on my notebook when my grade in Math transcribe otherwise. But in the end it get better somehow and I manage to move into a higher level. See I don’t know what the lesson is in here. I might very as well scribble I love anatomy in my notebook. But the thing is I don’t have a passionate, nice and kind teacher who’ll do anything to change one’s perspective on things. To get one mind open to curiosity and hunger for more information. I don’t have those teachers anymore like in highschool maybe even some in college, in med school I have doctors. They tell you this and that and some with even less enthusiasm. They would go on and on with a particular topic and wouldn’t mind if anyone was listening or sleeping. In the back of my mind I’ll tell myself I’ll just read about it when I get home and in the end I never did. Maybe the reason why I don’t like anatomy that much has a little factor to do with the professors. In the physiology and biochemisty department, I can see that their professors one way or another care. I just didn’t see it in the human biology department and come to think of it I’m a biologist.                        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home